The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Blessing Others

I recently went clam digging with friends. I don't like clams. But I went because our friends are an older couple in our church, they like clams, and they have trouble digging them. So, I helped them out. I was pleased with myself to be able to be a blessing to them.
What does this have to do with my marriage? The very next night, my husband came home with six salmon he had caught. We don't really care for salmon, but there they were. I quickly cleared his butchering area, complained that he hadn't filleted them at the river like he said he would, and went to take a shower. Less than twenty-four hours after being a blessing to someone else, I refused to bless him by, at the very least, having a good attitude about the fact that he'd had a good time fishing.

My question today: What is something you do for your husband that is a blessing to him?

By the way, I did apologize to my Hubby later, and help him package the salmon.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said…

    I go to work every day! LOL! The plan was I would stay home and run a business online while he worked but life is funny that way.

    So I work while he spreads joy and helps out family and friends till he decides what he wants to do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home