The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Monday, August 08, 2005

My Hero

Last week, I had to call my husband to come rescue me at the beach - I had lost my key to my van. He was very gracious, picked up the kids where they were and came to give me his key. No complaints about I had pulled him away from work, no condemnation for losing a key. Nothing. Just rescued me, gave me a kiss and went home. He is so great.

What is something your husband has done for you lately to prove he is a hero?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said…

    The keys thing has been a problem. I now have 4 copies, hidden in the garage that opens with a "push the numbers" lock, in my lunch bucket, one at Mom's and one in the motorcycle.

    I haven't had to call him in a while now, a year or two, I guess.

    He's always my hero, he kills or removes rodents and bats!

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hmmm, a reason to call my hubby a hero? I'm drawing a blank... I know that sounds awful, but he's the most wonderful man in the world. However, that said, I can't think of any 'heroic' things to share with you at this moment. We do everything together - give the kids their bath in tag-team manner, feed the kids, run errands while the other babysits, etc. It's always a team. He's not a brave soul when it comes to killing insects - that's usually my job! - and he can't open a jar lid to save his life :) So, the man I love and will share the rest of my life with cannot be classified as a hero, I don't guess. Although, come to think of it, does being a wonderful daddy & an even better husband count?!?! If so, then there you go :)

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    Jennifer,
    Yes! Your husband would be considered a hero. Some men think it's the mother's job to totally care for the kids - no team work at all (my husband excluded, of course). Your husband's a hero for helping you and being involved in his kids' lives. His actions are speaking volumes. /He's demonstrating his values to them and it will make a deep impression on them which will become extremely evident when they have children of thier own. Bravo!

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Harleys said…

    I totally agree with bearsie on this one, jennifer. I know men who have three or four kids and have never given a bath or changed a single diaper. Husbands who help out are a true blessing. Don't forget to thank him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home