The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Sick Days

My Hunny is wonderful. He tries so hard sometimes.

He was home working in the office for two days this week. As luck would have it, I got sick the first day. Nothing serious - just a cold. But it came at a very inopportune time of the month - like a double whammy. So, he thought I needed to stay in bed. The trouble with this is the office is in one end of our bedroom, and he was listening to Rush Limbaugh. Now, I have nothing against Rush - I'm a bit if a fan - but he is not what I need when I'm sick. So, I told Hunny, "Thanks, Babe, but I'll lay around in the recliner and if I need anything the kids can get it for me. That'll keep them out of your hair."

He spent the day in the office, but checked on me very frequently and helped out where he could. He loves me.

Here's an odd question: Have you ever told your husband he loves you? If so, what was his response?

I have told my husband, "You love me." The first time, he looked a little confused, but he agreed with me. Now, he realizes that when I say that, it is because I feel very loved, and I'm showing my gratitude for that feeling.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Yes I do say 'you love me' to him every now & then, but it is usually when I'm giving him a hard time about something (teasing him) and he's getting his feather's ruffled. Then, I usually get a 'yeah, whatever!' from him. But, I know he loves me because he says it every now & then - but not nearly as often as I'd like him too :) However, in his defense, he says that he'd say it more often if I wasn't always saying it first - and also that it's just a given. Yeah, whatever!

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    I've said, "You love me, don't you." during an obvious attempt to demonstrate love to me. So that just assured him that I understood the intention of the attempt. But I don't think I've ever told him, "You love me," with the intention only of letting him know that I know that he does. I've never said it out of the blue, only during an obvious attempt on his part to let me know he loves me.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    My husband is a big baby when he's sick and I really baby him and get him through it as pleasantly and quickly as possible. When I'm sick . . . don't get me started. There are no sick days for the wife or the mom even if I throw up. But the last time my husband was sick, I took such good care of him and he felt so sick that he decided he wanted to return the favor the next time I was sick. I'm pretty healthy so I haven't had a chance to test him yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home