The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Love - Part 2

Saturday, I was discussing my last blog with my husband. Having asked him a few years ago what his definition of love is, I decided to see if his has evolved, too. So, I asked him. I told him he didn't need to answer right away, but that I would get back to him on it.

On Monday I asked him again. His first answer had been two people living together with the same goals. This time his answer was, "I haven't come up with one, but I was thinking about it yesterday while I was doing the dishes." I accepted doing dishes as a good answer to "What is love?" After all, he is a man of action.

So, here is my definition of love:

1) a commitment to the well-being and happiness of another person

2) being the best person I can be with the goal of inspiring and enabling someone else to be the best person they can be

3) allowing myself to be inspired to greatness by another

4) surrendering my habits and desires to the needs and wants of another

5) Doing the dishes :)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    Bravo! Well said.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Yes! Great definition. (Can we add laundry to #5?)

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Katrina, you have to be joking?!? You allow your hubby to do laundry????? In a million years, I would never allow my hubby to do such a thing - not because I'm 'super-woman' or a great wife (we all know that isn't true), but because if he attempted such a feat, I'd have to throw everything away and go buy all new clothes for everyone - he'd ruin them for sure! I've attempted to teach him how to wash clothes, but for some strange reason, it just doesn't compute - and, I KNOW it's a convenient excuse on his part, but just to prove that he's incapable of it, he'd ruin everything anyway :)

    As for your post, Debbie, I loved it ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home