The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Basking in a Rare Moment

I called my husband last night. It was one of those, "Honey, could you get something for me?" calls. What was unusual about this one was that he was at home. I was in bed. I had left my extra blanket in the living room, and thought he could bring it to me. So, I picked up his cell phone and called him in the living room. Unfortuantely, the cell phone gets terrible reception in our room, so he could hardly hear me. I hung up, threw on a robe, and started for the stairs. As I arrived in the living room, there he stood with my blanket. He said, "I heard, 'This is your wife,' and I thought 'I know what she wants.'" So, I am enjoying the memory of a very rare moment when a husband actually gets it right - he knows what she wants and he gets it for her. I have a feeling this memory better last a long time. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Haha! That's wonderful--I love that you called him on the phone for that! I definitely love those rare psychic moments...it's like getting your back scratched in just the right place.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hey girl! Hope you're still alive :) I loved this post - it's those rare moments that make life worth living. You just never know what's right around the bend, do you? It's those same moments that make wonderful memories too :)

    Maybe I'll hear from you soon! I've been thinking about you and your situation, and praying for you when I think about it! Hope all is well and that we'll see a new posting from you again very soon!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home