The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Depression in Color

Depression - that's a stupid post to put in a blog titled "The Happy Wife." HAHA!! Oh well, it's my state of mind today. I have read - yet another - marriage improvement book. I don't know why I keep doing it. They all tell me the same thing. I think I'm doing them, yet .... something's missing. Maye it's just that it's September. I usually deal with depression late in October. Maybe it's early this year. It was three months late one year.

A lot of people say that when they are depressed, colors seem to fade, tastes aren't as interesting. I don't find that to be true. When I'm depressed, everything tastes better. Hence, the empty kitchen when I get over it. I was thinking about the color fading thing when I wrote the title. Bearsie's dreaming in color made me think that maybe colors do fade when I am depressed - I just don't notice it. Ah well.

The thought has crossed my mind to get rid of the kids for the night and see if that helps my mood. hmmmm! Maybe I could call my friend, do a little shopping, light some candles. . . I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    The only way a happy wife knows she's happy is to experience a day or two of depression every now and then. You're doing ok - really.

    September is a wonderfully romantic month along with October. I can't believe September's almost over - I've got to experience the romance of October for everything I'm worth!

    November thru February = depression

     

Post a Comment

<< Home