The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Commitment

We went to the Peninsula Winter Games this weekend. Hubby met us there for lunch, then took our oldest boy home, while the little ones and I enjoyed a few more activities, then we went home for dinner.

Later in the evening, as we were getting ready to leave for the fireworks, we got a call for a road kill moose. Since we had promised the kids the fireworks, we called someone else on our list to get the moose. But we had to go to the site until they arrived. It ended up that we watched most of the fireworks on the way to them. We were out of the car in time for a few and the finale, then we enjoyed the huge bonfire for a while before we headed home.

The kids complained a little but we were able to teach them that sometimes responsibilities interfere with fun. The important part is that we keep a good attitude. I don't know if they got it, but I did.

With all the other problems we have, I am aware that my husband is responsible. When he says he will be somewhere or do something, he does it. I don't know why I have so much trouble believing that he is capable of doing the same for me. But it is going a little easier for me after my revelation this weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Sometimes it's the little things that we have to look for that mean the most! Kind of like that still-small voice...

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    What a great post! You're right--it is a good lesson (for us and our kids) that wants don't trump needs or responsibilities in this life. I'm sure your kids will remember your commitment, along with all the other great things you're teaching them!

    God bless you guys!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Oh, by the way--Jennifer, I still can't get to your website for some reason... :( Just wanted to let you know that I'm not just staying away! Maybe it's browser incompatibility issues or something....hmmmm....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home