The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Thanksgiving

By the way, how was everyone's Thanksgiving? Did you all have a good holiday? Ours was nice - quieter than usual. There were only fifteen of us. Bearsie, did you go to PA? Did anyone eat anything unusual? Did anyone have snow? Is everyone now into gear for Christmas?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    We went to my dad's house for Thanksgiving this year. He remarried a few years ago (about a year after my mom died) and we just hadn't made much of an effort to be around his new wife during the holidays - too uncomfortable. But, thanks to Hurrican Rita, we were forced to spend time with them a few months back and, turns out, she's a really sweet lady that takes very good care of my dad! Go figure! Anyway, in order to avoid having to do all of the cooking and hostessing at my house (again) this year, I suggested we spend the holiday with them - and it worked :) We had a nice visit, and the kiddos had a blast getting to hang out with thier grandparents.

    And, since we live in the deep south of Texas, no snow here! Last Cmas eve, we had some snow flurries, which was really cool, so I'm hoping for the same this year. But, today it's been thunderstorming, and it's a balmy 63 degrees outside! No snow in site here!!!

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    Yes, we went home to PA for Thanksgiving. We spent the day at some friends of my parents. It was snowing outside with a good deal of accumulation on the ground so everyone dressed quite warmly (turtlenecks, lots of layers). Turns out these people like to keep the house so warm that you sweat just with the effort it takes to breath. I opened a window a crack and the wind decided to blow right through that crack and actually blew snow into the house! Boy did I get it for that! So I had to go stand outside every so often to keep from melting. There was a 3 month old boy that I was sure was 9 months old because he seemed just as big and alert as my 7 month old. Boys are big I guess. We had a nice time with my parents and stayed with them a week. I wanted to stay home with them! We're back in OH and may be moving to KY soon. More on that later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home