The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Friday, December 23, 2005

I'm Dreaming of a Right Christmas

The title of this blog was inspired by the song I imagine is going through Hubby's head now. Last night, he asked me what he is supposed to get me for Christmas. I thought about choking him to death and spending his life insurance for my Christmas present. Not really. But I've been hinting for at least three months of various things I would like for Christmas and he says he has no idea what to get me.

I didn't help him out. I said, "I want something from your heart." He probably would have preferred that I say, "I want that $3,000 ring I was looking at in the ad last week." But, he's on his own. He knows where to shop, he knows what I like, he even knows that I flat out tell the kids, "If your Dad asks, I want this for Christmas." So, I refused to tell him what I want. This does two things for him that he may not realize. It forbids be from being able to be disappointed, because I could have gotten exactly what I wanted, and it gives him the freedom to spend - or not spend - as much as he wants. I don't think he realizes how much a winning situation this is for him.

Well, I have to go get ready for my Christmas Eve party. Feel free to stop in - hee hee. Have a VERY Merry Christmas.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Hi, Debbi! Hope your Christmas was a merry one--I'd love to know what fabulous gift you ended up receiving! :) Heheh!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home