The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Ah, My Valentine's Present

In a comment from my previous post, one of my faithful readers asked what I ended up getting for Valentines Day. So here's my Valentine to remember.

My husband took me literally when I told him that the banquet was enough. He came home from work and graciously accepted my gift of a card and a pint of Phish Food ice cream. He then asked if he had been supposed to get me something, since I HAD made that comment about the banquet. I assured him it was fine and it was. This meant I could go get what I REALLY wanted.

So, after dinner, I headed into town for a pint of Haagen Dazs (they were out of coffee :( I ended up with chocolate peanutbutter, my second choice) and a romantic movie. I was - truly - happy.

Until we watched the movie. I had rented "City of Angels." Since all my friends have a habit of telling me the entire movie when I ask about one, I hadn't asked anyone. And in case you have not seen it, I will not tell you how it ends. Just let me say, a wife with a red runny nose is not the greatest Valentine gift. Poor Hubby.

So, last night we watched "13 going on 30." Much better. So, I guess my Valentine gift ended up being that he sat through TWO romantic movies in one week. Four hours of time. Not many gals get that. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hubby & I take turns watching HIS movies, then MINE (things that blow-up versus romantic comedies). Of course, never in the same nite, but many times in the same weekend! Wonder why we enjoy the downtime in front of the TV with our men so much? Granted, there are no kids to talk over the dialogue, no children eating our food or drinking our drinks, no dishes to wash...wait, never mind, I answered my own question :) So glad that you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Mine will happen tomorrow when we go see Bon Jovi in concert with our very best friends :)

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    I love romantic comedies! Let me recommend "Just Like Heaven" with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo. So cute!

    Oh, and I also just rented Elizabethtown. I personally loved it, but it's a bit quirky, so I could see people either loving it or hating it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home