The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Perfect Valentine

Every year, about February 13th, our Pastor says - "We should have a Valentine Banquet." Well, this year I remembered that in January. And my husband gave me the perfect Valentine.

When I first mentioned it to Hubby - "Should I talk to Pastor about a Banquet?" He didn't seem very enthused, so I dropped it. A few days later, he said, "Did you talk to him?" He then spent a few minutes encouraging me to do it, and listening to my ideas.

So, last night, we had a Sweetheart Banquet - complete with a small gift for each couple and a nice photo op corner with red, pink and white balloons. Besides planning the event, I made my dress out of some material I'd been saving. And the church presented me with a dozen roses as a thank-you for the evening. All because my husband encourages me to use my talents. I am floating this morning.

Plus, and this part is amazing, he got me a corsage. I never mentioned a corsage to him, but when I thought about the possibility that he'd get me one, I thought that I'd like a wrist corsage. Unlikely since he's never gotten me one for my wrist.
Lo and behold, as we're leaving for the banquet, he hands me a corsage and says, "I hope you don't mind that it's a wrist corsage." Wow! The start of a perfect night.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    How wonderful! It sounds like you were a princess for a night, complete with Prince Charming. Happy Valentine's Day! God bless you AND your prince!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home