The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Great Valentine Gift Ideas

"There's always the obvious - flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep." a favorite misquote from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

My list of wonderful - and inexpensive - Valentine gifts.


A Back Massage

A Full Body Massage

Rent a Romantic Movie - and watch it with me

Help with the dishes one night

Any chore around the house that you don't usually do

A Pint of Haagen Dazs (sp?) coffee ice cream

A Walk

Tweny minutes of uninterupted time spent talking - or quiet

Those high heels I was looking at at Payless

A new nail polish that you think might look good on me

Help making dinner

You could fill my CD player with my fave romantic CD's for me to listen to all day (it still has the kids' Christmas music in it)

A Card with a heartfelt note in it

A photo of you


There's a few - anyone have any other ideas to add?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    So, I'm guessing this is a list posted for your hubby? Hmmm...let me think...another to ad would be childcare for a child-free-mommy-only day of whatever mommy wants to do, a phone call or email just to say I Love You for no apparent reason, a single rose and nite of romance (which would obviously include the 1st or 2nd items on your list) :) Those are my faves!

    One year for my birthday, my hubby doled out the kid (we only had 1 at the time) for the night and created the "Poor Man's Day Spa" with a sign on the door and everything. He then lit candles all over the room and bathroom, drew me a bubble bath, gave me a mud-mask facial, then gave me a full body massage. It was one of the best birthday presents he's ever given me!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    How about a day off? I could run away to exotic locales (like the mall), sip coffee slowly, read a great book, see a movie, and come home after the kids are in bed...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home