The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Poor Valentine

Poor Hubby got a revelation last night. We're on this new Spending Plan thing, and he asked me last night how much money he had to spend on me for Valentine's. I responded, "You've got your spending money for the month, don't you?" "That's all I have?" "Yep." There was a long silence. "I guess we'll find out how creative you are," I said. He reminded me that I already know that. He's right. But I'm not bending. We need to quit spending money as if we're dying tomorrow. And I'd rather get nothing for Valentine's Day if that's what it takes to get him to figure that out.

I do have a definite advantage, though. I am very creative. So he'll still get a gift.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Well, be thankful that he's even asking about money to buy you a gift with. Those of us with sweet, romantic husbands that don't buy gifts for their wives on Valentine's Day would give our right arm to be able to answer that question :) My hubby always waits until the day before (or even the day of) to run and grab a card for me so that he can say he didn't forget. For whatever reason, he just really dislikes Valentine's Day! He says it's just another day, created by women, that gives men another chance to fail at doing the right thing. I keep telling him that's not true, but he won't budge. So, if we do anything to 'celebrate' this holiday, it's usually a card and maybe a date - if we can get and afford a babysitter. Oh well!!!

    This year, he got very lucky in that we're not celebrating Valentine's Day until the 21st. We're going to see my absolutely favorite 80's-90's band in concert - Bon Jovi :) So, no gift necessary - we've got very good seats!!!!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    I dropped my casual Valentine's Day reminders into conversation yesterday, so we'll see if he takes notice or not. Honestly, Valentine's Day is not one of those make-or-break dates for me.

    I love gifts that cost nothing--they often turn out to mean the most of all!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Harleys said…

    Jennifer - have fun!! I'm afraid I agree with your husband. Too many times it is just another chance for a man to fall flat on his . . . face. As wives, I think we need to watch our attitudes a geft-giving times. I know I do sometimes.

    Katrina - Ah - a gift that would cost nothing. Hmm. I think I have my next post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home