The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Answered Prayers and Sore Throats

Have you ever heard it said, "Be careful what you pray for - you might get it." Well, it's true. And I'm sick.

Last week, most of my family had a cold. Stuffed sinuses, sore throat, some coughing. The only one who hadn't gotten it yet was Hubby. On Wednesday, just as I started to get ove mine, he started to get stuffy. But he had two more days in his work week. So I prayed.

I asked God if He could not let my husband get a cold. Even if he were half dead, I knew my husband would go to work. And I worry about him because you really shouldn't be running power tools and balancing on roofs when your body is concentrating on getting better. So, I asked God if someone really had to be sick for the next few days, I would take Hubby's share of the cold. AND GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYER.

I have been sick - so far - four days longer than anyone else. And Hubby didn't get sick at all.

But yesterday at church, Hubby told everyone why I'm still sick. Everyone. From the pulpit. I was so embarassed. I could feel myself blushing. Do you know how long it has been since I felt all the blood run to my face and set it to glowing in front of everyone? I told Hubby I will never tell him about my prayers again. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Hehe...that's a cute story! I love that he told it from the pulpit--even with the embarrassment! It sounds like things are going great in the Happy Wife household (all germs aside!)

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Aren't you a wonderful wife to pray for sickness!! I always worry about my husband working when he's sick as well. He operates heavy machinery and is around molten metal.
    Hope you feel better soon!!!!

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    As concerned as I might get when Michael heads to work feeling 'under the weather' (like last week when he caught the 'close to death' flu virus, I NEVER pray that I get it instead of him! I choose to pray that he feel well enough to get through the day, and that no one else in the house will catch it. So far he's the 3rd (after myself, then Morgann) so there are still 2 kiddos to continue to pray over!!! But isn't that nice of me :) :) :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home