The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Hunny and I are going away for a couple days this week. We're mixing business with pleasure. The kids will be staying at friends', while we enjoy a three-star hotel in Anchorage. After I deal with our oldest son's Social Security issues, we will be attending the Home Show where Hunny will observe the latest and greatest in Alaskan building options.

Other than that we have two days to ourselves. He is not completely looking forward to it because I recently read an article about the annual retreat, and there was a list of things for a couple to discuss while enjoying their uninterrrupted time. I think I've scared him :)

Ah, well, he'll get over it. As long as I keep the "uninterrupted" conversation from interrupting his channel surfing time, we should be good. HaHa!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Have fun on your getaway!!!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Enjoy your working vacation - and keep your receipts :) (tax deductions, you know!)

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Oooh, this sounds so fun! Especially the uninterrupted conversation part! We usually have those in a car with the doors locked so neither of us can get away.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    have a great time! i sure wish i was getting away too!
    enjoy it for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home