The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Tough Questions

Well, our weekend getaway was fun. We took care of the business, went bowling, ate out a couple times, watched a few movies at the hotel, and worked on our Retreat Checklist. This last part was what my husband dreaded.

Question 1: What did we like about this past year?
Question 2: What did we dislike about this past year?
Question 3: What can we do to help our children in their growth - spiritual, mental, etc.?

And a few more. We had some very good discussions, although it took me some time to get him warmed up to some of the subjects. We were able to talk about a few strageties we need to work on and a few habits - in me, in him and in the kids -that we need to put an end to. All in all, it was a great couple days.

Then, at about 4 pm the day after we got home, he asked me the toughest question of all: "What's for dinner?"

4 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    You made me chuckle with the last sentence! I'm glad you had a great retreat. Those questions sound great. I'll have to throw them out to my hubby sometime!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    Wow, that's a relaxing retreat. Our retreat consists of, gosh, an awful lot if all you had were 3 questions. Maybe that would explain why it's only happened once since we married when it should've happened three times now.

    Yes, the last question sent a chuckle out my lips.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Back to real life for you! Husbands.... *rolls eyes*

    Sounds like your retreat was great and you got a lot accomplished. Makes me want to plan one!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I long for the day that hubby & I can away from it all and enjoy being romantic all over again. Our communication is pretty good at home, so I think our ideal getaway would consist of lots of PDA's (public displays of affection), lots of movies (when children cannot run into the room and disrupt us) and lots of hugging & kissing (OK, so maybe too much information for the general public). But, with 3 kiddos 6 & under, finding someone willing to keep the kids longer than just a few hours is our biggest challenge. So, until we find that sucker...er...special someone willing to do that for us, we'll have to settle for our occassional romantic dinner on the living room floor :)

    I'm so glad you had a wonderful time of sharing and rekindling your romance!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home