The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Slow Season is Over

I think that every self-employed person must go through the "slow season." We certainly do. This year, it only lasted one week, thank God.

Every year, it's the same. The first day is fine. Hubby buries himself in the office, catching up on paperwork. The rest of the family lives life as usual.

The second day, things start to disintegrate. A movie in the middle of the day, lunch lasts an extra hour because of the burping contest and the "Who can Ask the Stupidest Question?" game, there is a wrestling match in the middle of English class.

By the third day, he is out of control. He is getting antsy and I'm looking through "Help Wanted" ads.

This is usually the day he decides to hire himself as my interior decorator. This year it was the bathroom scale, which I keep in the kitchen. Don't ask. That's where I like it. So, for a couple days we did the passive agrressive thing. I would move it to the kitchen, he would move it to the bathroom. I finally left it in the bathroom. Then, he announced that he would be back at work the next day.

Sigh! Life is back to normal. And the scale is back in the kitchen.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I've never thought of the scale in the kitchen...but hey...you might be on to something there!!!

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Wow...maybe if I put my scale in the kitchen, I'd have an easier time staying on my diet!

    I love the "interior decorator" line. How funny! Maybe next year you can point him to some things you actually WANT moved around?

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    I just bought a scale about a month ago. I put it in the bathroom because that's where I see that everyone else I know keeps it. I tucked it out of sight in the cupboard under the sink. I really wanted to keep in the living room because that's where I think to use it all the time. Beats me.

    Sometimes the silly little tug-of-wars are fun . . . sometimes more ridiculous. I used to have many with my mother-in-law. Now that we have our own space, it happens less often (but it still happens . . . sometimes!).

    I thank God our "slow years" are over - for a while anyway.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hey, wanted to let you know that I'm moving my blog back to blogger. Long story...
    www.chaoticadventures.blogspot.com

    See you around :)

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger ebbye said…

    I know what you mean about 'slow' season - it's awful and everything takes longer and longer to do!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home