The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Monday, April 03, 2006

While the Cat's Away . . .

Hubby went on a men's retreat last week. He had a very good time. The main speaker was a preacher that we knew when we lived in Pennsylvania. That was cool.

Anyway, while he was gone, I painted our bedroom. Not all of it. Just an accent wall. No, I'm not really into accent walls. But I didn't want to spend a lot of money and we only had enough paint to do one wall. So I painted the wall opposite from the office end of the room, and I made curtains from some material I had. I was actually pleased with the finished product. Check out my kids' blog, if you'd like to see it. I posted it there so Gramma can see it, too.

So, my husband came home at 2 am and as he approached our bedroom, he said, "I smell paint. It isn't pink is it?" And it isn't. He like the final result, too. So, for now, we have a "new" bedroom and we are enjoying the fruit of my labor.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Ooooh, I LOVE the accent wall! Very cute, and really adds depth to the room. Oh, I wish, wish, wish I could paint our apartment!

    The whole room looked nice--you seem to have a flair for decorating! (I'm good at watching HGTV, but not so good at actually following through on any of the projects...)

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    I've been contemplating accent walls for a while now. I want to do one but I'm afraid. Yours turned out splendid! I've found it's really nice to rearrange things every once in a while to add coziness and just make life a teeny bit different.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home