The Happy Wife

Over the past eight years, I have become aware that my happiness in my marriage is as much dependent on what I do for or with him as it is on what he does for me. Happiness is a choice I make. I would love for my blog to become a place where other wives would come to be an encouragement to each other by reading my blogs and their comments.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Schmoozin' and 'Busin'

My husband actually hit me this morning. Haha! I know - after the last post, that does not sound good. But in reality it was funny.

The past few days have been better. We kissed, made up and have been getting along. Then we went to a graduation. I sat down with my pastor and his wife with some food and Pastor started talking about the building our church is looking to buy, how promising it is, that there are rooms already that would make Sunday school rooms, etc. He's all excited about this idea. Turns out, the whole church has been talking about it for weeks - except for me. I had no clue.

When we got home, my husband pulled the whole "I was gonna tell ya," thing. Oh brother. Anyway, now I know, I'm okay. But this morning, I was teasing him about our lack of communication. After he went back to the computer, I decided I better go a little easy on him, so I walked up behind him to place a kiss on the back of his neck.

"AAH!!" He jumped and swung. His fist connected with my forehead. Thank God it wasn't my eye. He had really been into his work and I startled him pretty bad. My word. He said I should know by now not to sneak up on him, but I didn't think I was. Oh well!!! Now I do know.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Hehe...that is a funny story! I have nearly broken my husband's nose twice in similar incidents where I didn't know he was there. Once he was leaning down to very sweetly kiss the back of my neck while I was winding up the vacuum cord, but before he could, I stood up, swinging my hair back out of my face at the same time. All that momentum connected with his nose with a cracking sound that reverberated across the room. Now when he comes in for a kiss, he announces his approach!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    The only time I remember almost knocking my honey out, I was mad...but I digress :) Michael enjoys scaring me, just for the heck of it. For instance, the other night at dinner, right in mid-sentence (mine), he yells BOOOO!!! I about threw my potatoes across the table. He said he was trying to help me get rid of my hiccups, but due to the amount of laughter coming from his side of the table, that excuse seems a bit fishy to me. He just loves to make me jump.

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said…

    The only time my husband hit me, it was with paint. He was moving a ladder with a whole gallon balanced on top. I heard a "colourful word" and turned to be assalted by the whole darn gallon. It wasn't even a pretty colour.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said…

    During the first couple years of our marriage, my husband would beat me in bed. He would sleep with his arms above his head and then clock me a good one right on the top of my head when he decided in the night to bring his arms back down by his side. So there I am writhing in pain while he sleeps. After the pain passes, it's really funny!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    I am more likely to poke my DH in the eye. Ouch

     

Post a Comment

<< Home